September 20, 2013

DIY Mickey and Minnie String Backpacks

Mickey String Backpack {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Minnie String Backback {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I knew we’d have things we’d need to carry while walking through each park and I though string backpacks would hold everything we’d need and be easy to carry and pack.  I started off with two red backpacks with logos on them.  I have no idea where we got these but I wanted red to save me some time.

String Backpacks Before and After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I just slit open each side seam, sewed a panel for each one, pinned it to the front, turned the bag inside out, and sewed each seam back together. 
For Mickey’s buttons and Minnie’s bow I used fusible web to iron them on before I stitched around them.
I saved so much time using already made backpacks and just altering them. 
What have you upcycled lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment