September 18, 2013

Cinderella Dress Makeover

Before and After:
Cinderella Dress Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Cinderella Dress After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Disney was AWESOME!  We had the best time.  I know I haven’t posted in a while and it’s because I was trying to finish everything in time.  Now that we’re back I can share the rest of what I created.

My daughter and I had reservations for Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast.  Of course she wanted a Cinderella dress.  I was so lucky to find one at a garage sale for $5.  It was from the Disney store (an older version) but a little too small.  It’s an extra small and she needs a small.  I was planning on making one from scratch using this post, however, for $5 I thought I could modify the Disney one.


It started out like this (I should’ve taken a picture of it hanging up but I was in such a hurry to finish everything):
Cinderella Dress Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

I started by removing the sleeves (my daughter decided they weren’t puffy enough and since I needed to lengthen the shoulders I had to take them off anyway.  Once they were off I removed the see through front panel and made a new one with longer straps. 
Cinderella Dress During {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
     Cinderella Dress New Shoulder Extensions {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}    
To make the sleeves puffier I cut a rectangle and curved the short sides by rounding off the corners.  Then I used my machine to gather each side.  Each end was sewed onto the dress and I also sewed around the top to keep each sleeve attached to the shoulder straps.
Cinderella Dress Sleeve Pattern {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
She also decided the sides weren’t puffy enough.  I used the instructions on this post to sew new ones from the shimmery see through material.  To hide the unfinished edges I just sewed them under the side pieces that were already there. 
Cinderella Dress After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Not a huge change but she’s happy with it and it cost less than $10.  I did use the instructions in this post to sew fingerless gloves and a headband.  I also made a simple choker necklace from black ribbon that I just tied in a bow at the back of her neck.

Since our reservations were before the park opened we were able to get some great pictures in front of the castle.  This is one of my favorites!
Cinderella and Tinkerbell
The special effects pictures are so much fun because you never know what you’ll see until you view them online.

Breakfast was so much fun  She got to have her picture with Cinderella and then walk up the red carpeted spiral stairs.  During breakfast we got to meet about 5 other princesses.  She also got a magic fairy wand and a wishing star.  Every so often the princesses would have them wave their wand over the wishing star and make a wish.  The the lights would dim and you could see all the whistles sparkling up above.

Before we left on the trip I also purchased a Cinderella t-shirt on sale from the Disney online store.  I snuck it to our server and had it delivered with the photos they had printed while we ate.  

Stay tuned for more Disney ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment