April 12, 2013

Master Bedroom Closet Makeover

I recently made over my son’s closet.  The details are here.

Then I moved onto my daughter’s closet.  Those details are here.

It was finally my turn!  Like my daughter’s closet, my closet was one of the first we organized when we moved in.  It wasn’t bad but needed some tweaking.  That’s where the second narrow bookcase I got at a garage sale came in.  I’m fortunate to have two closets in my master bedroom.  My husband has the usual smaller one with bi-fold doors which works great for him.  I have a slightly larger, walk-in across from his.

I actually removed everything initially, intending to completely reorganize it, but decided most of it was ok.  I put most of the shelves back in their original place.  The difference was adding the bookshelf to the right corner.  I was able to put my flipflops in a basket and store them on one shelf.  This freed up so much space I was able to get rid of the shoe rack that was on the floor to the right.  I’ve never been happy with it as it blocked part of the doorway and made the room feel smaller.

My closet originally looked like this
Master Bedroom Closet Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Master Closet Makeover Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

I actually removed everything initially, intending to completely reorganize it, but decided most of it was ok.  I put most of the shelves back in their original place.  The difference was adding the bookshelf to the right corner.  I was able to put my flipflops in a basket and store them on one shelf.  This freed up so much space I was able to get rid of the shoe rack that was on the floor to the right.  I’ve never been happy with it as it blocked part of the doorway and made the room feel smaller.



The after looks so much better . . . .
Master Closet After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Master Bedroom Closet After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I also moved my long hanging items to the left corner and moved my long sleeved hanging tops to the bottom rack.  I originally had them on the top and was amazed how much the space opened up when they weren’t right at eye level.

What are your tips for organizing a master closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment