April 3, 2013

Laundry Room Lost & Found Sign

Laundry Room Lost & Found Sign {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I recently made over my laundry room .  I moved some shelves and stacked my laundry basket dressers that I built.  You can see that transformation here.

I also painted it a pretty turquoise.  You can check that out here.



All these changes left me this large blank wall.
Laundry Room Hanging Wall and Blank Wall After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I’ve always planned to make a quote out of vinyl.  Something like “Laundry today, or Naked tomorrow!”  I may still do that but in the meantime I had a more necessary project.

Not sure how it happens but I’m sure I throw pairs of socks into the wash but by the time they come out of the dryer I only have singles.  I used to just stuff them in my kids drawers, hoping that I’d match them up later . . . . but it’s usually much later . . . . or never.

I decided I needed something more visible so I created a “lost and found” sign.  There are many of these on Pinterest but nothing that had what I wanted.  I needed an area to hang single socks and something else to hold other small miscellaneous things like buttons.

It was such a simple project that I don’t have a step by step tutorial.  I just used a scrap board that I painted white. Then I mod podged coordinating scrapbook paper onto clothespins and glued them on.  I also added a hook and a blue mason jar and then used my Cameo to cut “Lost and Found” with matching vinyl.

It turned out great and has already been put to use . . . .
Laundry Room Lost & Found Sign After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

No comments:

Post a Comment