April 5, 2013

Disney World Travel Binder

I’m definitely a planner and this vacation is no different.  We’re not going for a while but I’m already planning all kinds of projects.  You can check out the countdown calendar I made using scrap 2x4 boards here.

Since this is my kids first visit I want it to be extra special.  To make sure I don’t forget anything I’ve created a Disney Binder. 
Disney Binder Cover {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

The inside is divided into several sections:
(For links to the maps and other helpful sites I included in my binder go here)
(For printable cards with tips for each park go here)
  • Park Recommendation Calendar – found online
  • Week at a Glance Calendar
  • Map of our Resort – found online
  • Tab for Packing
    • Packing List (more about this later)
    • Meal Planning List
  • Tab for Disney World
    • Map of all Resorts – found online
    • Map of Disney World including parks – found online
    • General Tips
    • Ride Height Requirements
  • Tab for Magic Kingdom
    • General Tips
    • Food Choices
    • Afternoon Resting Places
    • Parade Tips
    • Tips for the last hour
    • Fantasy Land Tips
    • Tomorrowland Tips
    • Adventureland Tips
    • Frontierland Tips
    • Liberty Square Tips
    • Map of the Magic Kingdom – found online
    • Quick Guide to attractions
  • Tab for Epcot
    • General Tips
    • Tips for the first hour
    • Food Choices
    • Afternoon Resting Places
    • Tips for the last hour
    • Future World Tips
    • World Showcase Tips
    • Map of Epcot – found online
    • Quick Guide to attractions
  • Tab for Hollywood Studios
    • General Tips
    • Tips for the first hour
    • Food Choices
    • Tips for the last hour
    • Map of the Magic Kingdom – found online
    • Quick Guide to attractions
  • Tab for Animal Kingdom
    • General Tips
    • Tips for the first hour
    • Food Choices
    • Map of Animal Kingdom– found online
  • Tab for downtown Disney
    • General Tips
    • Map of Downtown Disney – found online
  • Misc Tab
    • Public Activities at other Lodges
    • Disney After Dark Tips
    • Disney Extras
    • Dining at Disney
    • Character Meal Information
    • List of important phone numbers
    • List of Books I used for my resources
    • Pockets for Groupons (more about this later)
    • Important e-mails from my Trip Planner or Disney
Most of this information was found on-line or in books I checked out from the library.  My two favorite books are


You can check out my Disney Pinterest Board to see some of my other sources and ideas.

Disney Binder Inside {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
While my binder is mostly complete I plan to update it as our trip gets closer.  For example, Fantasyland is brand new so the information I have is outdated.  I also update my packing list as I think of other things we need to bring.  I have put everything in sheet protectors and plan to pull out each section as we visit that particular park so I can have my tips with me for reference in my backpack.

I would love to know any resources and tips you use for planning a Disney trip.  It would also be awesome if you’d share your best tips for Disney!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Your binder sounds amazing! Any chance your willing to share? I am especially intrigued by the tips for each park. We are planning our first trip in September with our 5 year old twins. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son will be 5 this year when we go too. Not sure how I would share it. I typed it in Word and I'm pretty sure the file is too large to send. May also be some copyright issues as I got a lot of information from other sources. I'm thinking about sharing parts from it in smaller chunks. Just haven't planned it out yet.

      Delete
    2. I would love to see the contents of your notebook, i've been searching high and low, my son and i will be going to disney world in july, a last minute trip so now i'm rushing to try and get everything togethere,

      terica

      onceuponacurl@yahoo.com

      Delete