March 22, 2013

Slumber Party Pillowcases

Slumber Party Pillowcase {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
As you know from my last post my daughter is having a slumber party for her upcoming birthday.  To see the thermos party favor I created go here.

Since the thermoses were so inexpensive I decided to make another treat.  I sewed each girl a matching pillowcase with her name.  This is a super easy sewing project for even a beginning sewer.  My daughter picked out the fabric (keeping with her pink and black theme – and a little turquoise).  Then I used my Silhouette to cut out the names from fabric (I ironed on fusible web to the back before cutting so I could iron them onto the pillowcases).  It was then a simple (but somewhat time consuming) project to iron on and stitch around each letter.  Some names are easier to read than others but I think they turned out great and I think her friends will love them!



Slumber Party Pillowcases {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I love how my daughter chose a different color for each pillowcase end and they only cost $4 total!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The girls will love them!! Definately something they will keep and have fond memories every time they use it! Fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Super easy project for even a beginning sewer (minus the names - they took a little longer).

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!!! It would be the perfect take home treat for young girls to remember every night they go to sleep at home!!! What an awesome thought! How many yards of fabric did you have to buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not sure if you'll see this or not but I couldn't reply to your comment. I used about 26" for the length of the pillowcase plus 8" (folded in half) for the band. I just used the width of the fabric for the width of the pillowcase. Luckily my daughter chose inexpensive flannel that was on sale 60% off.

      Delete