March 21, 2013

Slumber Party Personalized Thermos

Slumber Party Gift Thermos After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
My daughter has decided that she wants to have a sleepover for her birthday.  We don’t usually spend much on parties or do the elaborate Bounce U or Chuckie Cheese parties.  I’m always looking for a way to keep the costs down.

Since her favorite colors are pink and black right now that’s going to be her theme (along with some turquoise).  We’re planning on ordering pizza and renting movies.  I thought I’d put together a popcorn and candy bar for them to snack from during the movie and throughout the night.  Since her birthday is in March I was able to get some pink themed candy at after Valentine sales.  I’ll share the setup once I have it ready for her party.

I’ve also decided to give each girl a personalized thermos.  I picked up these stainless steel thermoses on clearance at Target a couple years ago for $1 each. 
Slumber Party Gift Thermos Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Although the colors aren’t correct I thought I could work with them.  It was a simple process to cover the red stripes with a solid piece of hot pink vinyl.
Slumber Party Gift Thermos Makeover {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Then I used my cameo to cut each girls name from black vinyl.
Slumber Party Gift Thermos After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Now they match perfectly and they only cost $1 and some scraps of vinyl.  Can’t get much cheaper than that for a party gift and I think it will get much more use then the usual bags of cheap trinkets and candy they usually get that end up all over the house or in the trash!

What great party gift ideas have you used in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment