March 25, 2013

Slumber Party Flip Flop Craft

Slumber Party Flip Flop Craft {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
My daughter loves crafts and wanted one for her slumber party.  (You can see the personalized thermoses party favor she is handing out here, and the personalized pillowcases each girl will receive here.)

Since I didn’t want anything too messy or time consuming (or too expensive) we settled on decorating flip flops.  Luckily I was able to find them in stock at Hobby Lobby already.  We bought several pairs of black and several pairs of pink to give everyone a choice.  I plan to return what isn’t used.



Keeping with her color theme she chose a black fabric with hot pink stars.  To prepare for it I just needed to cut 1”x6” strips.  I separated them into a birthday pail for each girl that I picked up at Target dollar a few weeks ago.  All they’ll need to do is tie them on.  My daughter already made a practice pair to make sure they could handle it.  This project cost less than $2 per girl.

Any suggestions for crafts for future parties?   Or maybe a boy party?

2 comments:

  1. I did this for a baby shower for a friend of mine and it was a HUGE hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete