March 28, 2013

Disney Count Down Calendar

Disney Countdown Calendar {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
It’s official.  We’ve scheduled our first Disney Vacation!  My kids are so excited.  Even though it’s still a ways off I’ve already started planning (I may be more excited then they are!)

My first project was to create a countdown calendar.  If you’ve been following me for long you know I try to keep costs to a minimum when I can.  I just decided to use some scrap 2x4’s I had.  I actually had these exact sizes.  I didn’t even need to break out my saw!

I just sprayed them with some black paint I had on hand.  Then I mod podged on some scrapbook paper, added a mickey I cut from chalkboard vinyl using my Silhouette, added a ribbon to the top block, and some vinyl lettering using a Disney font.

After taking pictures I decided the white was too plain so I flipped the top block around, covered it with red paper and white dots and then put the mickey mouse on there.  In the future I can add a different shape to the white side, flip the bottom block around and add a different destination.  Then I can use it over without having to make a whole new countdown calendar.  



Can’t wait to start counting down the days!

Be on the lookout for more Disney posts . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment