January 6, 2013

Most Popular Post - Dr. Seuss School Keepsake Idea

This has been my most popular post and since I have several new followers I though I'd share it all again and have all the printables in one place.

The basic idea is to give the Dr. Seuss book "Oh The Places You'll Go" to your child's teacher at the end of each year and have them write a note or story in it somewhere.  Then you can give the completed book to your child at his or her high school graduation.


I started with my kids in preschool but you can start at any time.  If you've missed a couple of years you can even go back and get those teachers to sign.  I had to go back to 2 of my daughters teachers.

So that the teachers know what to do you can include this free printable tag inside the front cover.


Click on the photo to be taken to the downloadable tags, one for a boy and one for a girl (minus the watermark)

I originally gave this book as a baby shower gift.  Here is the tag I created for that purpose:

Click on the photo to be taken to the downloadable tag (minus the watermark)

Hope you enjoy this tradition as much as I do.  I love reading through what the teachers have already written and I know my kids will love it!








5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love this!

    - Jocelyn @ jocelynandjason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am having trouble downloading the free printable. would you be able to email it to me? it's telling me i have to become a member of scribd (?). kestewa@hotmail{dot}com

    thank yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having the same issue with the download. Is it possible for you to email it to me? thirteen37@verizon(dot)net. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which teacher do I get to sign the book in high school? All of them? Because in High School you have more than 1 teacher usually, and sometimes in middle school as well.

    ReplyDelete