December 27, 2012

Out with the brass!

I hate brass!  I’ve slowly been painting all the door knobs in my house with oil rubbed bronze spray paint.  I won’t take the time to post a tutorial because they’re all over pinterest but I will show you some before and after pictures.
Brass doorknobs before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Brass doorknobs after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I just poked all pieces into a piece of styrofoam to spray . . . . now I just need to remove the doors and do the hinges when it warms up.
Brass doorknobs spray painting process {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I also sprayed some accessories in my half bath.
Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint for accessories {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I have one other large piece of brass in my house that I’ve hated since we moved in. 

Any guesses?

Any?

It’s the ceiling fan in my master bedroom.

Brass ceiling fan before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

I’m thinking about spraying it with the oil rubbed bronze but my husband doesn’t think it will work so he wants to purchase a new one.  I can’t decide if I should try to paint it or not.  Not sure I want to waste the spray paint . . . . but if it works then I will have saved a lot more $ by not buying a new fan.

What do you think?  Spray paint or buy new?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I would have never guessed that you were using spray paint on those. They look like brand new knobs!I say, give the fan a try if the paint's not too expensive. If it doesn't work, you haven't lost much since hubby was going to buy a new one anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim InkBlotMomdotCom

    Thanks! We were going to buy a fan that had a darker metal. It was on clearance but is probably gone by now. Think I'm going to try the spray paint. Shouldn't take more than 1 can. I'll do a post once it's done. . . . but it will be a while as I'm in the midwest and it's FREEZING here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Glad to know it will work so well. I used the same spray paint on a metal lamp base that needing sprucing up. It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to do the same thing with the door knobs in my home. I used the spray paint on a metal lamp base that needed some sprucing up. It looks great. I was wondering if it would hold up on the door knobs. I can move forward now with confidence!

    ReplyDelete