December 29, 2012

Kitchen Cabinet Knobs

I’ve been slowly making over my kitchen.  I painted my boring light oak cabinets when we first moved in about 6 years ago.  While I like the clean look of my white cabinets I'm having a hard time keeping the doors and drawers that are used the most free of scratches.

kitchen cabinets before handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     kitchen cabinets without handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     kitchen cabinets without knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}kitchen cabinets before knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}kitchen island without handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I decided to add knobs and handles.  Since my sink and faucet is brushed nickel I chose the same color for the knobs.

It’s a relatively quick and easy fix that’s not terribly expensive but makes a huge difference overall.  I’m thrilled to say that it’s been months since I added them and I no longer have to touch up the edge of the doors. Sorry about the two colors in the first picture.  Yellow is the old color and turquoise is the new.  I'm not ready for a full reveal yet.  I need to borrow a wet saw from my father in law so I can tile the back splash.
kitchen cabinets after  handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     kitchen cabinets with handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
kitchen cabinets with knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}kitchen cabinets after knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}kitchen island with handles {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Such a small fix but it makes such a big difference:


Now I just need to get a few more for the desk. . . . forgot to count those!

No comments:

Post a Comment