December 19, 2012

Elf on a Shelf ~ Magic Door

Elf on a Shelf Door {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
We’ve been having fun with our Elf on a Shelf this year.  Our elf is named Jingles.  This year I added a skirt and Belle, his sister, came to visit a few times as well.  I won’t bore you with their antics as there are ideas all over Pinterest and I’ve been “borrowing” from most of them.  You can check out my Elf on a Shelf Pinterest board to see them.

I did have them bring a few treats.  They brought my kids each an activity book.  I bought 2 of them last year at a local nursery but thought my son was too young so I printed some activity pages I found online and had them spiral bound at Office Max.  I’ll give him the real one in a year or two.

I’m also having them bring my kids the elf microphone.  Have you seen these?  They can sing songs, use their real voices, or make themselves sound like elves.  My daughter loves to use a microphone to practice her spelling words or work on a presentation.  I got ours at Hallmark.


 I’m also having them leave a stuffed elf in their stockings on Christmas so they can remember them all year long.  I found them at Target and got a boy for my son and a girl for my daughter. 


The only other extra thing I did this year was to hang our magic elf door.  This is actually a fairy door that’s made to hang outside on a tree.  There are windows and a hanging lantern.  Super cute but it didn’t weather as well as I thought it would.  I never actually hung the Christmas door outside (just the plain door) so I thought this would be a good way to get some use out of it.  I hung it on a small wall under the stairs.  My kids know it’s the door their elves use and not to touch it.

Elf on a Shelf Magic Door {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}

All of the Elf on a Shelf accessories can be found on Amazon if you're interested . . . .

   

Any new suggestions for me for our elf?

No comments:

Post a Comment