November 4, 2012

Plastic Storage Drawers ~ Made Pretty!

Plastic storage drawers before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Plastic storage drawers after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
So, if you’ve been reading my posts you know I’ve been working on my kitchen.  I’ve been focusing on my desk area because it seems to get cluttered so fast.

First I rearranged the shelves I had on the wall and built a new ledge shelf to hold my printable lists.  You can read about those details here.
Message center above kitchen desk after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Looks much neater!   I also have these plastic storage drawers underneath the desk to hold kids stuff like the silicone muffin cups I use for their lunches, fun toothpick toppers, drink coasters, etc.  However it looks cluttered.
Desk area with plastic storage drawers before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Plastic storage drawers before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Easy fix.  I just cut coordinating scrapbook paper to fit the fronts.
Storage drawers makeover paper {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Slipped them in . . . . and now the clutter is all gone!
Desk area with plastic storage drawers after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Plastic storage drawers after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Here’s a side by side so you can get the full effect!
Plastic storage drawers before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Plastic storage drawers after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Desk area with plastic storage drawers before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Desk area with plastic storage drawers after {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Such a simple, fast, inexpensive fix that makes a BIG difference.  I can’t wait to finish the rest of my kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Found you from A Bowl Full of Lemons One Project at a Time linky party. I love your simple solution! You could even add words to the paper to describe the contents, if you wanted to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete