November 30, 2012

Magazine Holder Makeover

I’ve been working on my kitchen makeover for several weeks now.  This magazine holder makeover is the latest addition.
 Here are some others.  You can click on each picture to be taken to the original post.
I made over my calendar blocks
Perpetual Calendar Blocks After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I built a ledge shelf using plans from Ana White
Message center above kitchen desk {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}_thumb[1]
I painted (I’ll show that later)
I made my plastic drawers prettier.
I finally filled my “A few of my favorite things” photo holders that I made with my craft club
(picture of photo frames)
Now I’m working on organizing my recipes.  I bought these cardboard magazine holders at IKEA this year when we took my daughter to Chicago for her birthday (to visit the American Girl store)
Magazine Holder Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I use them in my IKEA cabinet in my kitchen
Cabinet before magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Shelf before magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Nothing pretty but that can be fixed.  I had some more of the paper that I used on my calendar blocks and plastic storage drawers.  After a few simple steps I now have coordinated magazine holders to hold my recipe magazines and papers. 
Magazine Holder Tag {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Those easy steps are: 
  1. Mod Podge one sheet diagonally on the spine of the holder
  2. Wrap around and Mod Podge to sides
  3. Trim top and bottom corners
  4. Mod Podge another sheet on both sides
  5. Trim around top curve
  6. Wrap around and Mod Podge short side and trim
  7. Cut out the circle finger hole
  8. Add ribbon and a pretty wooden label
Magazine Holder Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Magazine Holder Step 1 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Magazine Holder Step 2 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Magazine Holder Step 3 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Magazine Holder Step 4 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Magazine Holder After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Magazine Holder Tag {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
They look so much prettier in the cabinet . . . . along with my new recipe binders.  I’ll share those soon but they’re still a work in progress . . . .
Cabinet before magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Cabinet after magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Shelf before magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Shelf after magazine holder makeover{A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I just need to finish the ribbon and tags on these other three (the other one was for my kids artwork storage and are stored on my kitchen desk).  See those turquoise binders next to the magazine holders?  That’s part of my new recipe organization.  I hope to have them finished soon so I can share them.  I’m also hoping to organize the rest of the cabinet so it looks a little nicer. . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great

    stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?







    Magazine Holders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I LOVE comments!! If you look in the sidebar to the right you'll see where it says "Join the Party" Just below that is a bar where you can enter your e-mail address to subscribe. :)

    ReplyDelete