October 5, 2012

Organization for Electronics

We’ve had U-verse for a while now and we’ve just kept the modem and gateway on the floor behind the couch were it goes into the wall. Not exactly convenient but not a big deal unless we need to reset it.
When I need to reset the U-Verse box I have to practically stand on my head to get behind the table or pull everything out of the way.  Big pain.  Not to mention the dust bunnies back there.  OMG!!!!  And the cords were out of control!

Recently we replaced our home phone with Ooma. Our phone bill went from $30+ to less than $5 a month . . . . but the best part is our phone service didn’t change at all. We still have call waiting and caller ID. We actually even have long distance calling included now. I highly recommend it. We got ours from Costco (I’m not affiliated with them . . . . this is just my opinion). The only downside is we have to put the Ooma box somewhere. It’s in the same area as the U-Verse but it has to sit on the end table as it’s also our answering machine so I have to be able to see it.
Electronics Storage Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}    Electronics Storage Before 2 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Definitely not a great set-up . . . .
 . . . . then I remembered the ledge shelf I built for my photos in my dining room.  Go here for details . 
                                Before                                                               After
photo wall 2  photo wall 4
I built another, shorter, shelf and hung it on the wall even with the top of the end table.  It now holds my wireless router, my U-Verse box, and my Ooma box.  It’s easy to reset the U-Verse if needed and I can easily see if we have any messages on the Ooma box. 
Electronics Storage After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Electronics Storage After 2 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
And for the cords, I untangled them and then wrapped each one up using a ponytail holder.  Not the prettiest but you can’t see it once I move the couch back and at least they’re neat and I know where each one goes.
Cord Control {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I have one more photo ledge to show you in my kitchen reveal . . . . stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment