October 16, 2012

Kids Bathroom Update – Part 1

I painted and decorated my kids bathroom several years ago. 
Kids Duck Bathroom 2 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Kids Duck Bathroom {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Kids Duck Bathroom Vanity Knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}Kids Duck Bathroom Vanity Drawer Knobs {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}kids duck bathroom display wall {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
The duck theme started from this one wooden doorstop.
Kids duck bathroom duck doorstop {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I used to teach and this was in my classroom.  A teacher on my team stole it and then held it for ransom.  He would periodically send me notes and even pictures.  Even my students got in on it and took it on trips with them.  It was actually very entertaining.  I finally got it back at Christmas at our faculty party at a roast.  So much fun!  For the rest of the year my kids would bring in stuffed animal ducks, put duck stickers all over my room, and even gave me some duck pj pants for Christmas.  I actually still have them!
Back to the bathroom . . . . .
A few years after painting I installed a new ceramic tile floor (the old one was ugly laminate).  We also hired a company to spray the tub, tub walls, and vanity top.  They were falling apart and pretty gross.  This process saved us a ton of money.  It would’ve been much more expensive and time consuming to replace everything.  The only thing I wish I had done differently is use white on white for my color choice instead of a tan on white.  Everyone else who sees it likes it and maybe I’ll like it better once I can ditch the kiddie colors and accessories and match the wall color to it.  (I’m hoping to eventually do the same thing in my master bath)
Ceramic Tile Floor {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Sprayed Bathrrom Tub and Walls {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Sprayed Bathrrom Vanity {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Then we also had a solar tube installed.  Best decision ever.  This bathroom has no natural light but now it’s the brightest room in the house!  All these pictures were taken with just natural light.  In fact, I sometimes walk down the hall and think one of my kids left the light on.
Kids Duck Bathroom Solar Tube {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
For several months now a new light fixture has been laying on the floor.  It was one we took out of the master bath when I found a really nice one on a fantastic clearance.  Their original light was horrible.  It was one of those “hollywood” strip lights with the giant bulbs.  You can see we even had a missing bulb.  (My husband knew I was replacing it and needed a bulb in the basement)
   duck bathroom light fixture before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}    Kids duck bathroom light fixture before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I started by turning off the power and removing the old light fixture.  It’s been there since the house was built because the wall underneath was still white.  I sanded the paint line that had built up and painted it.  I will have to fill the old screw holes but I need to run to the store for supplies for that part. 
Kids bathroom light replacement  {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Kids bathroom light replacement 2 {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Then I reconnected the black wires, white wires, and the ground wire and hung the new light.
Kids Duck Bathroom After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
So much prettier.  I have so many of these little projects that make such a difference and are not that difficult to do.  I really should get a list going. 
I have a couple more things to do to this room before I call it quits.  Stay tuned for part 2

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I love this! This just inspired me to get hopping (frog theme)on my daughter bathroom. Thanks for sharing!

    I am new to blogging check me out at http://justamomandwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heather @ http://justamomandwife.blogspot.com/

    Thanks! I actually had a frog theme at one time. I saved the soap dish and liquid soap dispenser that I painted at a pottery store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete