October 23, 2012

Bottom Freezer Organization

Bottom Freezer Organization Before and After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Since my fridge looks so good now (see the tutorial here) I thought I should organize my freezer.
I’ve had a hard time with this one.  I LOVE my bottom freezer but it is very hard to keep organized.  It’s basically a bottomless pit.  Stuff always gets lost at the bottom.

Bottom Freezer Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Bottom Freezer Basket Before {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I started by removing everything and scrubbing it out. 
Bottom Freezer Cleaned Out {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Now the fun part . . . . Organizing . . . .
Freezer Food to Organize {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I grouped my foods into categories (fruit, veggies, cheese, potatoes, etc) and used these bins from target.
Freezer bins from Target {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Small Freezer bins from Target {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I was able to put three of the taller bins across the bottom and still have room left on the side for misc stuff like jars of sauce and deer sausage.  Then I stacked the shorter bins on top of the taller ones. I didn’t do much to change the organization of the top basket.  Since it’s shallow it’s been fairly easy to keep organized.  I did reorganize the small basket attached to the pullout door.  I moved what I had there (mostly chocolate chips) and put items that fit better.  I moved all my baking chips to one of the taller bins. 
Bottom Freezer After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}     Bottom Freezer Basket After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Here’s one more look at the before and after side by side.
Bottom Freezer Organization Before and After {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
Organizing bottom freezers is so tough.  Do you have any suggestions for me?

2 comments:

  1. We recently purchased a new "french door" refrigerator with a bottom freezer. I too have been struggling with the bottomless pit with limited ability to organize. I purchased some lock and lock rectangular freezer containers to organize smaller items together like nuts and cookies and to freeze items like spaghetti sauce. This helps somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Unknown

    I've never heard of those. I'll have to google them. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete