September 6, 2012

Bathroom Vanity Makeover

 
I don’t like stock cabinetry.  However, replacing my large master bath vanity isn’t in the budget. 
master bath vanity before          master bath vanity before 2
I thought about staining it darker but I didn’t think that would go with the rest of the room.  I decided to take the doors off, sand everything, and paint it all white.

To save a little more money I just sprayed the hinges white.  They don’t show that much so I didn’t see the need to replace them.

This is a time consuming process.  It involves sanding, painting with Kilz primer, painting a glossy white top coat, and then a clear coat but the end result is worth it.  It was definitely faster and easier then when I painted my kitchen cabinets (THREE times!!  My first house, my husband’s house when we got married, and the new house we purchased together)
master bath vanity after          master bath vanity after 2
I’m thrilled with the final result.  My bathroom looks so much brighter.  The vanity was the only brown thing in the room and really stood out.  Now it blends with the room so much better. 
master bath vanity before and after
Now I just need to have the vanity top sprayed like I did in my kids bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed your post about spraying the kids counter . I am wondering where you find this service or where I should look. I hate my green counter top in the bathroom.
    thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete