August 21, 2012

Annual School Paper Organization

With school nearing I need to get my system up to date for organizing all the papers I know will be pouring in.  I finally have one in school full time so I know there will be a lot to sort through.  She was only in half day kindergarten last year and there was a TON so I know her first year of full day school will be worse.  A while ago I set up these crates and made a file folder for each year.  I have a blue crate for my son and a pink one for my daughter.  Instead of having the yucky green hanging file folders showing through I decided to cover each one in scrapbook paper.  Each folder used 2 12x12 sheets.  My daughters files are all covered in coordinated paper in shades of pink and my sons is in shades of blue.  I also added a ribbon to each crate. 
School Paper Organization Crates {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
In order to remember important information I created a cover sheet for each year.  I decided to just make mine to slip inside the front of the hanging file since the outside was already covered.  I created a rainbow “bubble” sheet for my daughters files.  I’m still working on a boy version.  Now all I need to do is type in the correct information each year, print it out, and slip it inside the hanging file folder.  (I blurred out her teachers name and school name for privacy)
School Paper Organization Cover Page {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
School Paper Organization Folders {A Sprinkle of This . . . . A Dash of That}
I only wish sorting through all the pages and deciding what to keep was as easy.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment