June 5, 2012

Coupon & Grocery List Clipboard!

coupon clipboard organizer front and back
 
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this months ago.  I have tried so many coupon organizers and I just haven’t found one that works for me.  I love this one!!  It was super simple to make.  I sewed a pocket organizer for the back to hold coupons and I can still clip my grocery list or any other papers or lists on the front.  I don’t have an actual tutorial with pictures but I can give you the steps and I bet you can create your own.
  1. Cut 2 pieces of fabric about the size of your clipboard
  2. Place right sides together and sew around edges, leaving a small opening for turning.
  3. Turn inside out, sew opening closed, top stitch around all 4 edges.
  4. Cut 4 strips of clear plastic (the kind used for table cloth coverings).  I made mine approximately 8 1/4” x 2 1/4”
  5. Sew them onto the fabric rectangle you just created.  To help your foot glide along the plastic cover it with a piece of scotch tape (otherwise you’ll need a teflon foot)
  6. I ran a stitch down the first three strips to divide them into 6 smaller pockets.  I left the last one the full length since I sometimes have larger coupons like Bed, Bath & Beyond
  7. Insert grommets into the 4 corners
  8. Spray front and back of your clipboard (I made mine black since my fabric was pink and black ~ I covered the clip with painters tape so it remained silver)
  9. Spay a clear coat on front and back of your clipboard.
  10. Place your fabric organizer on the back and mark the 4 holes, then drill them out.
  11. Tie the fabric organizer onto the back using ribbon
FRONT                       BACK
coupon clipboard organizer 1coupon clipboard organizer 2
Let me know if any steps are confusing and I’ll do my best to add more details.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a printable of your grocery list?(Front on clipboard)

    ReplyDelete