January 21, 2012

Starbuck Coffee Spice Jars


So, I've been asking begging everyone I know for their empty glass Starbuck bottles.  I finally found someone who gave me 12 of them.

I desperately needed to organize my spices and I came across this idea on Pinterest.  Unfortunately, we buy many of our spices in bulk so not all of them would fit in these bottles.  However, I did have a similar shaped bottle, just larger, that my tomato puree comes in.

I started by washing them all out and removing the labels.  I didn't have the patience for glass etching so I chose to use my cricut.  I made matching labels out of white vinyl.  I also spray painted the caps white.

Parsley is one of the bulk spices so it went into a larger bottle. . . .
These are some of the smaller ones which went into the starbuck coffee bottles
My sister liked them so much that she had me cut her some letters out of silver vinyl and she sprayed her caps silver.

I do have some spices that we buy in small quantities so I'm saving the smaller jars they come in if they're glass and adding labels to them so they all match.  The only problem with those is the lids are usually plastic so I can't paint them white.

Now, I just need a few more of the larger bottles for my cocoa, hot chocolate, garlic salt, and sea salt.



´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea- My hubby is always wanting me to come up with a great idea for spices- but I believe you have done the hard part for me! Super excited to give these to him for his bday this month!
    New Follower!!
    ~Jen @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you cut letters from vinyl labels? Do you have a machine for this? I am brand new to the whole DIY stuff, so this may be a silly question. The glass etching is probably way over my capabilities and this seems like a good option. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, not sure if you'll see this but I didn't have any other way to contact you. I do have a Cricut cutting machine and the Sure Cuts a Lot Software which lets me use almost any font. It was faster than etching. If you like that look I think there is a vinyl that looks like frosted glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TeeVee Tran

    Not sure if you'll see this or not TeeVee Tran but I tried to e-mail you and it kept coming back undeliverable.

    I get a lot of my vinyl from Pick Your Plum. (http://tracking.pickyourplum.com/aff_c?offer_id=3D2&aff_id=3D1776) They don't list it every day but when they have it you can get several colors for one discounted purchase. This is the best way to have a variety of colors but not invest a lot of money into several sheets of each. They offer it frequently but you have to order early in the morning as they often sell out. (You can also find a link to them on the sidebar of my blog). They also offer specialty vinyl I've purchased glitter, chalkboard, dry erase, and iron on through them.

    I've also bought some from JoAnns with a 40% off coupon but they only have a few colors. I generally do this if I need a basic color and more of it
    .

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will I am entrest to filling my pordact thos bottle's

    Sanjeev pise

    ReplyDelete