December 7, 2011

Memory Cards

Have your kids ever said or did something so cute or funny (or inappropriate) that you just want to remember it?  If you're like me you have a hard time writing them all down.  I used to have a small spiral  photo album that I recorded things in each month . . . . weight, length, new skills learned, etc.  That was great for the first year or two since they're changing so much every day.  However, now that they're older and I don't record as much I find myself not recording anything.  I needed a system that was easier to use.  I finally found some free time the other day and sat down and created these "memory cards".  There are a few styles so far and hopefully, I'll add more in the future.  Right now I have . . . .  
Today I did something . . . .
Today I said something . . . . 
Memory Cards (Sooo Big - to record height, weight, etc.  First Day of School, End of School Year Memory, My Favorite Things)

I just printed them on cardstock and cut them apart.

When I was cleaning out my basement I found this 3x5 index card file box.
Of course, I wasn't happy with the grey color so I sprayed it with a primer for metal
Then sprayed it white.
Then I added a quote about memories in red
Right now I just have the cards separated with post it flags but I'm planning to make printable, tabbed dividers.  

I've already filled out a couple of cards for each kid.  It's so much easier.  I just leave it on the desk in my kitchen with extra blank cards.  Even their dad and grandmas and grandpas can get in on the action and fill out a card.  It will be a nice keepsake to have all these memories written in their loved ones handwriting.

The cards are for sale in my Etsy shop.  You only purchase them once and then you can print them over and over again.  I can also change the red to a different color and the hearts to a different symbol.

Let me know if you have a specific request for a card you'd like me to create.

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment