December 21, 2011

Jingles (aka Elf on a Shelf)

In case you haven't heard about this yet . . . . the Elf on a Shelf is a little elf that visits us at the beginning of December.  He comes with a story book that explains all about him.  My kids talk to hm, tell him how their day was and, ask him questions, and give him messages to give to Santa.  Every evening he flies back to the north pole to report to Santa and then turns up in a different spot the next morning.  My kids have a ball looking for him.  Sometimes he plays pranks, sometime he brings a treat, sometime he just shows up in a funny place.  I know these ideas are all over pinterest but in case you missed them I thought I'd share ours.

Our elf arrived on Dec 1 and brought his book and some kisses from the North Pole.  They were basically hershey kisses that had clip art pictures taped to the bottom.   Then I spray painted the jar lid silver and added a tag.
 He also had his magic key (along with a poem) that explained how he got in the house.  You can see the details here.
He turned our milk red and green . . . .

He got into their favorite candy . . . .
He roasted marshmallows with some friends . . . . 

He was caught hanging out in my daughters toy hammock enjoying a cookie and milk that he put in her toy dishes . . . .
He dug out all their christmas books to read . . . .
He drew mustaches and beards on our family portrait . . . .
He was also found in our pantry drinking our pancake syrup.  My son wasn't happy with this one and took is straw away as he was afraid we wouldn't have any left for our pancakes (one of his favorite meals).
 He was found hanging out on our ceiling fan . . . .
 He found a not so comfortable seat in the prickly trees that decorate our dining room table.  He actually brought them a treat this day but I didn't get a picture before my kids grabbed them.  He brought my daughter a new pink and black lacy skirt and pink sweater and my son some new Christmas dishes.
 We caught him hanging out with Raggedy Ann . . . .
  . . . .and going for a ride on my wool lambs. . . .
Jingles even brought me a surprise.  I got a gift card to one of my favorite stores!!  My daughter was not happy with this one.  She said he was only supposed to bring prizes for kids . . . .
I'm saving my favorite for Christmas Eve Eve . . . . 
I'm borrowing the idea from here.  She has TONS of cute ideas!
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

1 comment:

  1. VERY VERY CUTE! I might have to steal one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete