October 11, 2011

Kindergarten Basics

My daughter started kindergarten this year.  I decided to make her some flashcards to help her review her curriculum.  I looked up her school's website and made flashcards from as much of the information as I could.  I used things like words she needs to read, words she needs to spell, 4 seasons, 5 senses, parts of a computer, etc.

I have lots of these empty Altoid tins from the ginger I used to eat to help ease morning sickness.  I created the flashcards in word and cut them to fit in the tins.  


A quick spray of white paint and now she has individual tins for each area she needs to work on.  I can't decide if I should decorate the outside or leave them blank so I can reuse them as her curriculum changes.

*** Update ***
Thanks to Cyn from Cynspiration.blogspot.com who suggested I use vinyl to decorate the front the tins now look like this . . . . 

Featured on: 

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I too have a Kindergartner who needs to learn those same things. Although, I am debating if I *really* want him to learn our phone number. He already wants to give it to a girl in his class. ;)

    Have you thought about decorating the outside with vinyl? That would change out easily with the curriculum.

    I'm new to you! Cyn from Cynspiration (a blog that I regretfully have not updated in ages...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Perfect for my 3 year old who has been begging my to teach her to read. I would love for you to stop by and link up to More the Merrier Monday. It is open through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. What's not to love about anything tucked into cute little boxes? ~Pepper

    ReplyDelete