October 23, 2011

A Be "Witching" Halloween

Since Halloween is only a week away I thought I'd share some of the things I've been working on.  My daughter decided she wanted to be a witch this year.  We had a "tutu" style skirt from last year that I added some Halloween colored tulle to.  I just tied small strips onto a ribbon and tied it around her.  She also had some Halloween leg warmers from last year that had the same colors.  For her top we used one of her gymnastics leotards that had criss-cross ribbons on the front and added some tulle to them.


I purchased a hat from Joann's that was purple on top with a spiderweb overlay.  I added some more scraps of tulle around the brim so it matched the skirt.  Then I found a flower pick from Michaels that had bats.  I pulled them apart and sewed them onto her hat so it looked like bats were flying around her.  I also found a pick at Joann's that had a glittery spiderweb with a green spider that I sewed onto the spiderweb overlay.


For the finishing touch I purchased a black cauldron from the dollar store and added a little more tulle on the handle to tie it all together


I think she's happy with the result.


Her brother decided that he wanted to go as a spider.  I got lucky and found a premade costume at a consignment store.
***********************************************************************************************************
My craft group got together again yesterday.  This time we made halloween google eye frames that I've had pinned for a while.  They turned out great!  I even made a second one so each kid has their own.  The only thing I wish I had done differently was to put the ribbon and the letters on the orange BOO frame vertically.  The basic steps are:
1.  cut chipboard letters with my cricut
2.  paint letters and frame
3.  glues on google eyes
4.  glue on more google eyes
5.  glue on more google eyes - about 200-250
6.  add ribbon and letters
***********************************************************************************************************
My last project to share is probably my favorite.  I've seen these all over the internet but didn't want to pay for one. Since I have the vinyl I made my own pattern.  My daughter calls it her minion (from Despicable Me).

    ¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment