September 15, 2011

Mason Jar Soap Dispensers

I've seen these all over blogland and decided I had to make some.  I've been using the foaming soap dispensers from Bath and Body but I wanted something a little prettier.  A nice person from freecycle was kind enough to share 6 mason jars with me and then I purchased a pump from Hobby Lobby in the soap making aisle. 
I started by having my husband drill a hole in the lid of the jar while I cut off the top of the bottle (the plastic neck part that has the threads for the pump).  I have to admit that I tried to drill the hole by myself first and didn't clamp it down.  Needless to say I ruined the lid.  However, i was able to use the jar in my bathroom.  I just screwed the ring back on . . . . minus the lid . . . . and stored my toothbrush and toothpaste on it.  Perfect solution for my mistake.  Once the hole was cut I sandwiched the lid from the mason jar in between the neck of the bottle I cut off and the pump and screwed them together.  Then screwed the whole thing onto the jar using the ring (after I added some homemade hand soap).  
So much prettier sitting on my kitchen counter.  Now I just need to get the ones for my bathrooms made.

¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment