April 5, 2011

Stay Put Bookmark - Works for Paperbacks and Hardbacks - All in One

Turn this . . .. . 
 Into this . . . . 

This has been on my list for a while now.  After I dropped my book . . . . . again . . . . . . and lost my page I finally got motivated to make it.  It was so easy I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  It took longer to pick out the ribbon and buttons then it did to put it together.  These are all over the Internet and you can probably find other tutorials but here is what I did . . . . 

Supplies
     *  1 ponytail holder or small piece of elastic
     *  ribbon (approx 20 inches)
     *  2 buttons (this way it can be used for small paperbacks and larger hardbacks)
     *  lighter to heat seal ribbon ends
     *  sewing machine

I started by heat sealing both ends of the ribbon.  Folded over one end approx 1/2 inch with the ponytail holder sandwiched in between and sewed a straight stitch.  I folded the other end of the ribbon over approx 1/2 inch and sewed a hem. 
 
Then I sewed the first button on at about 3/4 inches and the second at approx 3 3/4 inches.


So easy!  Please e-mail me if you have any questions.

Linked up to:

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I am liking this. I'm on deck for a new craft project. This might be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this tutorial! I would have never thought of something like this. I just made a few and am finding that I need about 3 more inches of ribbon to fit a larger book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... might have to do this right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete