April 20, 2011

I love spring!!

I love spring. . . . I love when the weather starts to warm up . . . . I love when I can finally leave my doors and windows open . . . . I also love buying new flowers to plant . . . . 
 Unfortunately, I'm stuck at home today since my car is in the shop getting an inspection and new tires so I'm finding all kinds of things to work on.  I started with laundry, moved onto cleaning off the desk in my kitchen . . . . . way too much for one day but I got a good start (I'll post once it's finally organized - it was one of my organization challenges I never finished).  Then I got bored with house work and started playing.  I started to decorate my mantle for Easter (I know, I'm behind . . . . but better late than never).  I found these glass canisters at my local thrift store yesterday for 50 cents each.  I bought them all!  I lined them up on my mantle and filled them with grass and eggs.  I like the look but it still needs something more . . . . .  Thinking about wrapping them with ribbon or paper. . . . I also cleaned out my fireplace from one last fire we had a few days ago and added my candle holder with new white candles.

Then I moved onto the island in my kitchen.  I started with this . . . . 
Jillian found me these awesome glass candlesticks for $3 at the thrift store.  I added three empty salsa jars, ribbon,  and more easter grass. . . . 

 . . . . . and ended up with these.  I just need to buy some wrapped chocolate eggs to toss inside.  


Next, I'd like to get started on new curtains for my deck.  I purchased this fabric and thread the other day. . . . 



I think it goes well with the gerbera daisies I got to line up on the deck ledge. . . . . 
I'm still working on my son's new monkey room as well.  I think it's coming along nicely.  Here's a sneak peak of a couple of the monkeys.  I still need to add the details to their faces and paint the vines.  I'm also on the hunt for monkey stuffed animals. . . . 
¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! :) I love the little glass candlesticks with jars. I've got several salsa jars around here that look very similar. I hate to throw them away, so I'm always keeping an eye out for creative ways to use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete