April 25, 2011

The Green-Eyed Monster . . . . . .

Sooooooo . . . . . . .  my daughter is getting jealous of the attention I've given to my sons room so I decided to put his room on hold today and work on a project that I had in mind for hers. 

She's had these curtains for several years now and I've never liked them.  I sewed them but I made a wrong cut and then had to improvise because I didn't want to have to buy new fabric.  It's hard to see in the picture but it's actually a piece of pink fabric sewed to some eyelet fabric and draped over the rod.  The annoying part is that her vent is right below one of her two windows and when the heat/air kicks on the curtain blows off.

 Her room used to be pink and white and we're switching it to pink and brown.  I purchased about 14 spools of ribbon when it was half price at Hobby Lobby.  Ignore the blue one.  It was just holding a place since I only had one spool of the white ruffled ribbon.  I laid all the ribbons out to determine the pattern I needed.  My window was 36 inches wide.  I repeated this pattern twice working from the middle out so it matched.
 Once I had my pattern established I cut each ribbon to 26 inches, I folded the top down 2 inches to fit my curtain rod, and sewed it.

 Then I had a pile of ribbons that looked like this. . . . . .
Finally, I threaded them onto the curtain rod and hung it back up.  Sorry this isn't a great picture but it's a really cloudy, rainy day here. . . . it's been raining for a week  :(
 She loves it and I think it looks cute in person (better than in the picture) but I think it still needs something else.  I'm thinking about gluing on some pink and brown flowers along the top edge.  I'm going to live with it for a few days and see if it grows on me.  I'm thinking it will look better once I get the rest of her room finished.
 ¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment