January 3, 2011

Day 2 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Desktop" (Denise)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did complete my Day 2 Challenge.  However, once again, I waited until the last minute.  I had a valentine dress I wanted to sew

then I had to tutor for a couple of hours, then I needed to make a pot of chili . . . . . .  When I finally started on my craft/sewing desktop I uncovered a few other misc projects that needed finishing  . . . repair a Halloween pillowcase, sew arm straps onto baby doll fairy wings.  
The good news is I did finish my challenge.  I'm fortunate to have an entire room for my craft/sewing/jewelry hobbies.  However, my "stuff" gets out of control very quickly.  This room is definitely a work in progress.  I've added a few bookshelves, hanging shelves, and other misc stuff.  I really need to organize everything better though.  Hopefully, a clean desktop will be the inspiration I need to work on more of the room.  I was even motivated enough to paint my work table white.  I've wanted to paint it for about 4 years now but something else usually needed finishing first. 

Here's the before . . . .


Here's the after . . . .


I have to say I'm very happy with it as I now have a clean surface to sew/scrap/craft on.  Hopefully some of the challenges in the next few days will help me address the rest of the room.

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I wish I could have a dedicated room. *sigh* I can dream though. :)

    ReplyDelete