January 12, 2011

Day 10 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Laundry Room" (Denise)

This one has been on my list for a while.  My husband insists on buying paper towels and toilet paper in bulk.  I cannot keep up with him.  Everytime I go in my laundry there's a new package on the wire shelf that I have to find a place for. . . . and yes that is a swim suit. . . . even though it's December I still occasionally use it.  I sewed the yellow curtains to hide open shelving.  Eventually I'd like to install cabinets with doors.


My laundry room is sandwiched between the garage and kitchen.  Needless to say it's the catch all for coats, bookbags, and tons of other miscellaneous stuff.


I started by opening the millionth package of toilet paper . . . I swear we really don't use that much.  This will last forever!!  I think my husband needs a self help group.  He cannot resist a sale.  I think we have about 8 containers of various laundry detergents.  I don't think he even realized how much we had behind the curtain.

After that it was just a matter of grouping like things, combining half opened packages, and finding them new homes on the shelves.  I was also able to relocate some bulk containers of juice to my newly organized pantry to get them off the top of my dryer.  Thanks so much A Bowl Full of Lemons!!!

I just need to make one more trip to the store to find a fun glass jar to hold my clothespins.  Here are a few of the after shots. 

Now if I could just catch up with all the laundry piled in those baskets.

UPDATE:  After looking at these pictures and glancing around the room I have one additional change.  I'm planning to get rid of the bench that holds the baskets of dirty laundry and replace it with the one with cubbies.  That will open the walkway between the garage and kitchen doors. 


 The backpacks are all hung and the storage cubbies are moved.  Much better!  I even threw the floor rugs in the washer.

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment