January 10, 2011

Day 8 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Coat Closet" (Denise)

I was dreading starting this one but it actually didn't take too long in the end.  Believe it or not I actually organized this closet last summer.  Unfortunately my husband doesn't have an organizing bone in his body.  When he is allowed access to something . . . . . this happens . . . . .
We have a wood burning fireplace, but when we aren't using it I burn candles.  I enlisted the help of my dad to build the little shelves you see on the left.  It needed reorgznization, as did the floor and the shelves above.
 So much better.  The floor was so gross.  Tons of dust bunnies.  Onto the shelves . . . 
I rearranged some and purged/relocated some.  The two bags in the middle are some "activity bags" that my moms club made.  I'm working on finding a better way to store them.  At least they're off the floor and more easily accessible so hopefully we'll use them more.  They have some really fun, educational activities.  Also, gotta love the labels.  I'm hoping my husband will be able to return things to their proper places.  A girl can dream . . . . .

Finally, the finished product.
Yes, sadly we have 4 vacuums.  My Dyson which I LOVE, an electric one to get the small everyday spills under the table that come with having kids, and my kids each have their own play vacuum.  Doesn't leave much floor space but I have to say I like the overall effect.  Things are much more accessible.

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise



2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I saw the words "former teacher" and sighed. I'm still in the trenches. I want to stay home and craft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - four vacuums! I know we get a lot of dust bunnies with our hardwood floors. You did great!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete