January 5, 2011

Day 4 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Linen Closet" (Denise)

First, let me start by saying thanks to everyone for their nice comments and encouragement.  I do read them all and do visit many of the others participating as well.  I am determined not to be a dropout!!

I'm so glad this was on the list for our 21 Day Organizational Challenge.  While my linen closet was already fairly well organized (my stuff behind closed doors seems to be better organized than the stuff setting out - definitely need to work on that) it was FAR from functional.  The batteries on the bottom were a mess, the light bulbs on top were unreachable and there was a lot of wasted space, and the linens could be organized better.


I bought some baskets from Big Lots, pulled everything out, got rid of some unnecessary stuff and put everything back in with things I need more frequently lower (I'm only 5 ft tall)  Everything is much more organized.  I probably could have purged some towels but I hate to get rid of them as I can always use old ones in the garage and since I have the space it's easier to store them here.  The after picture doesn't look a whole lot different but it is definitely more organized and more functional for me.  This one made me happy as I've hated the arrangement in here for a loooong time and I just wasn't taking the time to do anything about it.


I could just stand there with the door open all day and stare . . . . .

Oh, and I did finish the desktop challenge and added pictures if anyone is interested in that one.

If you'd like to join the challenge hop on over to A Bowl Full of Lemons . . . . better late than never . . . .



´¨)
.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

3 comments: