January 21, 2011

Day 17 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Mail Center" (Denise)

This one will take me a while.  While I don't actually have a "mail center" I do have a desk in my kitchen.  I have some things that are working for me and some that aren't.  This will take a little while for me to decide how I want to organize it.  I'm going to go ahead and show a before picture (even though it's horrible) so that this will hopefully hold me accountable to finish it.  
The left 1/3 is mine and the rest is my husbands (including the bulletin board - one of my methods to try to organize him).  The lowest basket is mine, the middle is my kids and the top is my husbands.  I even put labeled folders but he just won't use them.  He prefers to pile things on the desktop and on the island.  Droves me crazy.  I am determined to find a solution for all this clutter.  The bins underneath hold bibs, burp clothes, and small containers I use for my kids bento style lunches.  The chart on the right is an chore chart that we need to make more use of and the cups on the shelf below it are the quarter reward/consequence system we have for my kids.  Let me know if you want more details on that.  The wrought iron basket below holds towels and washcloths. 

I've told my husband that I'm marking his stuff with the stickers that you see on cars on the side of the road abandoned.  After so many days if it's unclaimed it's getting "towed to the trash".  He didn't immediately jump on board with that idea . . . . . but I may have to use it  :)

More soon, I promise . . . . . 

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment