January 14, 2011

Day 12 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Spices" (Denise)

Whew!  Finally, an easy one for me!  I have an awesome pantry.  It's VERY wide and VERY shallow so nothing gets lost in the back.  When we moved in it had sliding doors so I could only see half at a time.  One of the first things we did was replace the sliders with bi-fold doors.  Thanks to A Bowl Full of Lemons it's newly organized.  Since my spices are stored in there as well that means they're also newly organized.  If you want to see before pictures of the pantry and spices go here.

I have started teaching myself to cook better which means I have been using a lot more spices.  I bought a couple glass containers from the Container Store for my homemade taco seasoning mix, ranch dressing mix, and I need one more for spaghetti sauce spice mix (you can see the labels on them on the left).  I also have an awesome tupperware spice rack and then I bought a couple lazy susans.  Since I couldn't stand the spices up on the top rack I laid them on their side and wrote the name of the spice on the bottom with a sharpie.  I have a few other bulk spices that are just on the shelf.  I may add a basket to contain them in the future or a one tier lazy susan so I can get to the ones in back.  The only other thing I'd like to do is go through the spices in the tupperware containers and throw out any that are old or that I just don't use so I can replace them.



´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

1 comment: