January 13, 2011

Day 11 - 21 Day Organizational Challenge - "Freezer" (Denise)

I have a love/hate relationship with my fridge/freezer.  I love the french door fridge part and the freezer on the bottom but I hate the basket style freezer.  My previous fridge was a bottom freezer but the door swung open and it had one basket that pulled out and a shelf on top.  My husband decided that it wasn't big enough, even though it worked perfectly fine.  This is what we ended up with.

I'm almost afraid to empty it out.  I have no idea what may be on the bottom.  Here are the two before shots of the bottom basket and the top pull out shelf.
It was organized at one time but then I get busy and just start tossing things in.  I pulled everything out . . .  .it was gross in there but not as bad as I feared.




I've actually needed to do this for a while.  I make some broth from a turkey we had and one of my bags leaked.  Luckily I had them in another container so I can just thaw it and then refreeze the good bags (they were all frozen in the broth that leaked out)
Finally, I tried to group things and stack them upright as much as possible instead of having one thing stacked on another and then forgetting what was on the bottom.  If anyone has a similar freezer or has any suggestions on how I can organize this better I'd love to hear them!  It's better but I'm still not completely happy with it.
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´   Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment