November 30, 2010

Matching Dresses

I think it's fair to say that Jillian and myself have become a little obsessed with sewing over the past few months.  It started out innocently enough. . . just a free tutorial for a skirt . . . then one for a cute top. . . . then we progressed to actual purchased patterns.  Out latest focus has been on making clothes for the new baby dolls we bought our daughters for Christmas.  

Our first experience with doll clothes came after we made some cute corduroy jumpers with ruffles for the girls for thanksgiving.
 Unfortunately this is the best picture I have of my daughter wearing hers.  I was so busy with family and all the preparations I forgot to take her picture.  You may recognize the turkey hairbow, though.  She also had a matching one pinned to the front of her jumper  . . . . as did her baby who was wearing the same jumper.  I also made a turkey shirt for my son so he didn't feel left out.  I'll try to add a better picture of her jumper and her babies.  The jumper for the girls was from a pattern (Simplicity, I think) but we created our own pattern for the baby doll.  If you're interested in making one please leave us a comment and we'll try to make a tutorial for it.

Before we made the thanksgiving jumpers we started with something easier . . . .
This matching set was from a panel that was purchased at Hobby Lobby.  So simple.  We just had to cut out the front and back and a lining for each one and then sew them together.  The snowman was already printed and it included a tiny one for her baby.  If you're interested in this one check your local Hobby Lobby.  It was $10 (but of course I used a 40% off coupon) and can be made in sizes 2-6 (I think).  I make the ruffled pony-o's as well and they're in my etsy shop. 

´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´Denise

1 comment:

  1. Just finished another dress for Emery and need to make the pattern for matching doll clothes...hope you're up for it again...
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete